Thursday, March 15, 2007

Rendezvous ... After Five Years ;-)

An easy way for those of you living abroad with high speed Internet to catch up with Indian Television (including Live WC 2007).

http://wwitv.com/ - Click India in the left tab and you have list of Indian channels. Doordarshan shows the matches. I thank Krishnan for sending me this link.

Now after making sure DD was working, I browsed through the list of the other channels available and my eyes lit up when I chanced upon CNBC TV18- the Indian chapter of the popular business news channel. With fingers crossed I clicked on the link, held my breath as the video started to stream into my WinAmp player... buffering 90%... 95%... 100%...

...bingo!

Very few in this world (now that I think about it, I guess only Vijay) would understand what exactly I'm talking about... it is the reason why I started watching News on TV with zest ... a story that goes back to my first year in college ... a story that goes back to the days when Headlines Today was still a nascent news channel...

... Now, with a little bit of research, I'm sure many in this world will understand what I'm talking about!

4 comments:

Sriram said...

Mithali Mukherjee seems to have stolen your heart da Mars.. Guess every channel has its own babe - thats how u gather part of the TV audience i guess - Melissa Theuriau for example - simply cant imagine the plight of the newsreaders sitting beside her - they will be kicked out of their jobs with high probability, for not concentrating on their jobs!!! Anyway, I am starved due to the lack of sports - especially cricket and soccer, while u sit and dream of ur fav newscasters.. hmmm, it all boils to individual preferences at the end of the day!

Arvind said...

@sriram: bingo!

machi u have no idea, i have dreamt about her since her debut in doordarshan, ask vijay about our discussions in room no 81, main building ceg, during our first sem at college ... ;)

hmm about your gathering audience comment... i see them (and similar tactics) as a trigger da... sure i started watching news ONLY because of her... but now i would watch news inspite of the looks of the news reader!... now its become more of a good habit...

Sriram said...

@mars : I know how u enthuse on topics u r passionate abt.. so i can understand ur passion in this aspect too ;)

watching news started with sports news in the initial days, to politics and business nowadays.. but i will watch weather news too if the newscaster is one of these melissa theuriau's....

Arvind said...

@sriram: i wouldn't call it passion...

ithu vaaliba vayasu ;)